- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp (1 cube) chicken bouillon
- 8 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 8 oz grated muenster cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1 jar Ol’ Gringo Gourmet Green Chile Sauce
Breadcrumb Topping (Optional):
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp paprika
Directions for Breadcrumb Topping:
In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, melted butter, garlic, and paprika. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
Directions for macaroni and cheese:
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- To prepare pasta, follow directions according to the package. Do not overboil the pasta as it will cook fully in the oven. Once ready, drain water from pasta and set aside.
- Shred all cheeses and place into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the same pot, bring to medium heat. Add butter to pot until melted. Once melted, start pouring milk into the pot. Then spoon in flour, whisking constantly. After all flour has been mixed in, the mixture will thicken within five minutes. Here add in the chicken bouillon (crumble and break apart if using the cube). Add salt to taste.
- Slowly add shredded cheese into mixture. Whisk constantly to melt the cheese fully. Once the cheese is melted, pour in the jar of Ol’ Gringo Green Chile Sauce. Mix well.
- Incorporate pasta into the cheese mixture. Stir and fold the pasta around to get it evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 dish. If desired, sprinkle breadcrumb mixture all over. Or sprinkle extra shredded cheese over top. Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is browned.