3 Egg Yolks or 2 Whole Eggs for the Sauce (The sauce can be rich)
2 Whole eggs for Poaching
1 NY Strip Steak
1/3 cup Ol’ Gringo Gourmet Red Chile Cooking Sauce
1 stick & 2 extra knobs of good butter.
1 English Muffin
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions Below This Not So Helpful Video
- Season your steak and leave out with 3 eggs for about 30 mins to come closer to room temp.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot big enough to poach 2 eggs.
- Add a splash of white vinegar. Turn it down to a gentle simmer.
- Bring a Stainless Steel or Cast Iron frying pan up to temp on Medium-High.
- Add a splash of olive oil and your nob of butter to the pan.
- Once smoking add your steak. let it sear for 4-5 minutes for a medium-rare cook.
- Add 1 stick and your last knob of butter to a saucepan set it to medium.
- Flip your steak, sear for another 4-5 mins.
- Slice your muffin and baste with butter from the saucepan.
- Take the steak off and let rest for 10 minutes on a clean cutting board.
- Cut and cook your asparagus in the Frypan.
- For the sauce, you can use a blender, food processor, or immersion blender. I prefer the latter.
- Add 3 egg yolks to your mixing container
- Add 2 splashes of lime juice
- Add 1/3 cup – Ol’ Gringo Gourmet Red Chile Cooking Sauce
- Mix, if you are doing it with a whisk, whisk your heart away.
- Drop two eggs in the water for poaching
- Place the toasted English muffins on a plate
- Slowly add the remaining hot butter to your sauce
- MIX FAST AND WELL
- Place your poached eggs on the muffins
- Slice and plate cuts of the steak over the eggs.
- Seasons and adjust the sauce to taste, drizzle over steak and eggs.